"A brave new digital world where reality is virtual and fact is fiction - all ruled by a fatally glitched set of protocols."
Reality and virtual, reality and fiction…
This is cyberspace: it doesn’t belong to anywhere…
You can only obey the mad (bugged) rules (protocols) of the Cyber King…
Virtuality is one of Gunvolt's missions in Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, set in the stage Data Facility. Originally a Sumeragi clinical datastore, this facility has been captured by Teseo, who treats it and the information within as his own playground.
- Teseo's done some pretty weird things to this facility, which translate into stage gimmicks, including;
- Connected pits that let you fall endlessly a la infinite portal loop.
- Red platforms that disappear upon Flashfield exposure.
- Blue platforms that only appear when exposed to the Flashfield.
- Magnetic platforms that move when zapped.
- Teseo can spawn Curse Scripts, which look like Lumen. If they touch Gunvolt, they gradually drain his health. They can be "destroyed" with a touch of the Flashfield, but they come back a few seconds later.
- There is a secret alcove containing a hidden skill amongst the mag platforms.
- Teseo has hacked your comms. Prepare for trolling.
- In the second half of the stage, you can reach an empty area near the beginning through a blue platform. Teseo mocks you when you get there. However, If you stand on yellow light for around 20 seconds, you will gain a 666 Kudos Secret Bonus.
- Ergo, Ego: Clear within 12 minutes. (Reward: Nanochip 98 x5)
- The Power of Dreams: Clear within 8 minutes. (Rewards: Microdegenerator x1)
- Transmitter: Clear with a rank of B or higher. (Rewards: Proto Infrastructure x3)
- Suddenly...: Clear with a rank of A or higher. (Rewards: High-end NcGbx x3)
- Grid One: Clear with a rank of S or higher (Rewards: Phoenix Ore x1)
- Speedy Breakthrough: Clear without falling through the pit in the gauntlet room. (Rewards: Garnet x3)
- Warp Limiter: Clear while falling through any connected pits 3 or fewer times, including the first. (Rewards: Quartzite x5)
- Eternal Providence: Obtain all 5 medals and clear the stage. (Rewards: Nanochip 98 x10)
- Tomorrow's Reality: Clear 3 times. (Rewards: Microdegenerator x2)
- Phoenix Ore
- Nanochip 98
- Proto Infrastructure
- High-end NcGbx
- Graym Culture
- Polymer Gm238
- Uranium-225 Crystal
- Copen's version of this stage, Secret Mission 4, has a very different enemy roster. Teseo's time bombs and hourglass bombs are conjured all throughout the stage, and Curse Scripts only appear at the very end.