"This secluded prison has fallen prey to a two-headed snake with no regard for the laws of life and death..."
The hidden underground detention facility’s (catacombs’) master, the creeping twin snakes…
The “Jealous Life Reincarnation (Unlimited Envy)”…
They destroy reincarnation and the fangs that toy with life trifle the boy…
Underworld is one of the main missions in Azure Striker Gunvolt, taking place in the stage Stratacombs. Gunvolt's objective here is to investigate an abandoned laboratory deep underground.
A good deal of the stage is going to be pitch-black. Shining your Flashfield can brighten up your surroundings, but can be a strain on your EP. Flashlight drones dot certain parts of the stage, and can be zapped to shine a light for a bit.
There are various colored panels around the stage, signifying the emergency power supply for this facility. Zapping one will make the whole area visible, and will shut off security lasers of corresponding colors. You can tell which types you've activated based on how the stage is colored.
- Be careful when activating the emergency power. The Zombie Leapers and Spewers will become active.
Right towards the end of the stage after you make the last long fall. There will be a red laser blocking the Jewel.
Go forward, activate the red panel, go back, and dash jump to reach the Jewel.
- Ghostblaster: Clear in 8 minutes or less. (Reward: Nanochip 98 x8)
- Flyer in the Hole: Clear in 5 minutes or less. (Reward: Genomic Resonator x1)
- Deincarnated: Clear with a rank of B or higher. (Reward: Graym Culture x8)
- Spark in the Dark: Clear with a rank of S or higher. (Reward: Six-miracle Graym x1)
- Supernatural: Clear with a rank of S+. (Reward: Six-miracle Graym x5)
- Two Broken Hearts: Defeat Elise without using any Offensive Skills. (Reward: Genomic Resonator x1)
- Rainbow Connection: Bathe Stratacombs in all seven possible colors of light. (Reward: Six-miracle Graym x1)
- There exists a secret icon in this stage that can be uncovered by firing five Mizuchi shots at it, and sets the player's Kudos to 1000 when uncovered. This icon is one of the mascots of Dengeki Online.
- Gunvolt and Zeno reference the Resident Evil series in this level.
- Although Zeno mentions a rumor about ghost sightings prompting his investigation of the storehouse, Elise's septima is not known to cause any phenomenon like that.