"The elevator to Firmament has become a river Styx. One by one, condemned souls return from the netherworld..."
The facility that towers into the hi-skies’ space…
“Ame no Ukihashi” (Heaven’s Floating Bridge)
Here’s the Acheron River (Milky Way), protected by those sin bearers who’ve returned from Hades…
Stratosphere is the third of the final missions in Azure Striker Gunvolt, beginning in the stage Babel. With Zeno and Moniqa now holding the control tower while Asimov has disappeared, GV must ascend the orbital elevator and breach the clouds alone, heading far outside of transmission range to Sumeragi's space station Firmament.
The stage starts off with Gunvolt riding Babel up to Firmament. As he does so, he is ambushed by Stratos, Jota, and Viper in that order. Once he makes it to Firmament, Elise then attacks him, this time accompanied by her crazed third alter, who was responsible for reviving the aforementioned members of the Sumeragi Seven. After the two main alters are defeated, the crazed one revives them as well, and attempts to do so a second time before being shot by a Power Grab bullet, killing her. Copen then reveals he was the one who shot her, and demands a rematch with Gunvolt. Even after using the powers of every member of the Sumeragi Seven, he is still defeated in the end, but Gunvolt spares him and rushes to save Joule, ending the level.
Boss: Copen "The Adept Slayer" #2
At the end of the stage, Copen is fought once again. This fight is similar to the one in Sinner's Row, except now Copen will use the abilities gained from every member of the Sumeragi Seven, including his most powerful skill, Doppler Desire. This attack can only be avoided by using Air Hops, defeating Copen before he dashes forward, or by destroying at least three of the copies Copen creates. Other than that, the strategies that worked on Copen in Sinner's Row work just as well here.
- Return to Sender: Clear in 11 minutes or less. (Reward: Xiwidia x10)
- Fast Rites: Clear in 7 minutes or less. (Reward: Quartzite x15)
- Revenant Hunt: Clear with a rank of B or higher. (Reward: Polymer Gm238 x10)
- Nature's Enforcer: Clear with a rank of S or higher. (Reward: Uranium 235 Crystal x10)
- Ascending Warlord: Clear with a rank of S+. (Reward: Electrum x20)
- Recurring Nightmare: Clear with a rank of S or higher without using Offensive Skills. (Reward: Electrum x10)