"Gunvolt confronts Firmament's master: the mighty Nova, who has seized the Muse's power in the name of his unshakable beliefs..." - Flavor Text (Idolatry)
"The Azure Striker awakens with a new compass. A mournful anger conducts him onward, as the Muse's anthem continues inside his heart..." - Flavor Text (Azure)
Firmament (Heaven's Floating Bridge in Japan) is the final stage and penultimate mission in Azure Striker Gunvolt codenamed "Idolatry". It is Sumeragi's orbital station, where Nova has taken Joule and the Muse. Gunvolt's objective: Defeat Nova and free the Muse.
Firmament (Azure) is the final stage and final mission of Azure Striker Gunvolt. It is only accessible by beating Idolatry with the Handmade Pendant equipped, and proceeds towards the True Ending of the game. Having fused with Joule's spirit and power, Gunvolt goes to finish his struggle...
Moniqa: All communication from Gunvolt has ceased... The orbital station, Firmament... I really hope he was able to make it in without issue... Zeno: You don't need to worry about him. He'll be back here with Joule in no time flat. Moniqa: Yeah, you're right.. (Asimov, if you're there somehow...) (Please, protect those two.)
Stage composition Edit
The path is littered with Assassins, and even contains a fall through a path of spikes and hazards. Aside from that, only one gauntlet room of almost all Trooper types stands between you and Nova. The second area doesn't even have anything, merely a straight cut to Nova's chamber.
This level is essentially Idolatry in reverse, going from the path to Nova's chamber all the way back to the orbital elevator. You must still deal with Sumeragi Assassins, and Carrera shows up as a late arrival. However, you have a permanent Anthem buff for the entire stage, so everything up to the end is trivial at best to deal with. At the end of it all is Asimov, your final adversary.
- Race to Heaven: Clear in 8 minutes or less. (Reward: Uranium 235 Crystal x10)
- Swift Salvation: Clear in 5 minutes or less. (Reward: Hihirogane Shard x1)
- Lightning Rises: Clear with a rank of B or higher. (Reward: High-end NcGbx x10)
- No Room for Gods: Clear with a rank of S or higher. (Reward: Electromotive Graym x1)
- Maybe Room for One: Clear with a rank of S+. (Reward: Electromotive Graym x5)
- Forbearance: Clear without using Prevasion. (Reward: Hihirogane Shard x1)
- In the first battle with Nova, the background will steadily turn red as he takes more damage.
- In Mission: Azure, the time counter triggers Asimov's continuous lightning sweep starts at when the game successfully loads the elevator area, not the moment when the battle starts; if stay at pre-fight dialogue for too long the continuous lightning sweep state is guaranteed to trigger.
|Azure Striker Gunvolt Fields|
|Subaquatic Base・Media Tower・Biochem Plant・Datastore・Stratacombs・Pharma Lab・Sinner's Row|