"Eden is a new land where we adepts can live in peace."
—Tenjian , Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Eden is a multinational adept terrorist organization, and the main antagonist organization of Azure Striker Gunvolt 2. It is made up entirely of adepts who've suffered some form of persecution and/or oppression, and who seek to eradicate the "old humanity" so as to build a utopia for all adepts.
Having a bizarre chain of command, Eden operates under the guise of having no command structure, with its leaders supposedly serving as nothing more than figureheads. However, in reality, Eden works as a pseudo-ecclesiocracy, with absolute power unofficially vested in The Seven and the group's priest and overall head, Zonda, both of whom are revered as gods and oracles.
Information regarding Eden's history is sparse. What is currently known is that the group was founded by adoptive siblings Zonda and Tenjian, spurred on their hatred for Humanity. Eventually, they attracted a large number of Adepts from all corners of the Earth, and made their base, codenamed "Garden", in Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan.
A year before the events of the first Azure Striker Gunvolt, Eden orchestrated an assault on Sumeragi's UTU Media Tower and the repeater inside of it, the "Ame no Uzume", to destroy the final national defense boundary known as "God's Incarnation", which was created by the Sumeragi Group to protect the nation from foreign invasions.
However, the assault was merely a diversionary tactic to allow Zonda to infiltrate the organization during the chaos by joining their ranks, allowing Eden to gain access to Sumeragi's technology through her.
As a result of the crippling failure of Project Muse, as well as the death of lieutenant Nova Tsukuyomi, the Sumeragi Group's defenses were left in shambles. Taking advantage of this, a large number of Eden's members, including The Seven, invade Japan as part of their plan to gain the power of The Muse, which they succeed in doing and use to develop Grimoires for The Seven, as well as gaining several powerful pieces of Sumeragi tech, such as the Plasma Legion.
The two work their way through The Seven, killing them one by one until Eden is forced to retreat back to Tashkent, taking Copen's sister Mytyl with them.
Undeterred, Gunvolt and Copen travel to Tashkent and battle through Eden's remaining forces until making their way to Zonda, who, despite having used the power of The Muse to gain godlike power, is beaten and killed. With the deaths of Zonda and The Seven, the group presumably collapsed.
Compared to Sumeragi's complex, strictly organised hierarchy, Eden's chain of command is far less sophisticated, centered almost entirely around Zonda and The Seven.
The Seven Edit
The Seven (known as the The Grimwald Seven, G7 in Japanese) is a sub-group within Eden made up of seven powerful and admired adepts, led by Tenjian, and frequently serve as commanders in the field.
Due to a lack of a traditional hierarchy in Eden, The Seven do not actually possess any special authority. However, through sheer admiration or by virtue of holding multiple important positions, The Seven wield a massive amount of influence over the group. They serve as the main bosses of Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.
Pawns are the rank-and-file foot soldiers of Eden, making up the vast majority of the group's populace.
They are comprised of adepts whom are either unable to use their Septimal powers freely, or whose Septimas are simply weak or impractical. All Pawns are fiercely devoted to Zonda and The Seven, revering them as oracles, comrades, and even gods in some cases, and are shown to be willing to die for their cause, even if they themselves know there is no hope.
Pawns are divided into four types: Troops, Assaulters, Commandos, and Elite Troopers.
Known Members of EdenEdit
- Zonda - Leader, priest, founder, oracle, and spy
- The Seven (G7)
- Tenjian "The Frozen Blade" - Second-in-command, co-founder, G7 leader
- Teseo "The Serial Experiment" - Hacker, G7 member
- Ghauri "The Prism Master" - G7 member
- Desna "The Starstruck Beauty" - Seer, G7 member
- Milas "The Aquadynamic Merman" - G7 member
- Asroc “The Pygmalion Furnace” - Weapons developer, G7 member
- Gibril “The Full Metal Jacket” - G7 member
- The name "Eden" comes from the biblical "Garden of Eden."
- The Japanese name for The Seven, "Grimwald Seven", is derived from the Grimm Brothers, known for their dark stories.
- Ironically, despite the group's heavy religious overtones, most of Eden's members seem to be atheist.
- Another bit of irony is that despite fighting for Adept freedom and supremacy, they have no issues with having to kill or abuse the power of fellow Adepts. They have eliminated several Quill branches, decided to kill Gunvolt when he got in their way, and have no issues using Joule and Mytyl for their purposes.
- Despite the members coming from different countries, none of them have accents and speak perfect Japanese (or whatever language the game's dialogue is in), the exceptions being Ghauri who speaks English in the Japanese script, and Asroc who speaks French during his special skill. This is likely just a result of practicality.
- In Teseo's Dengeki Nintendo profile, it is revealed that Eden has an official website and channel, both of which are run by Teseo, who often hosts videos showing guest adepts using their Septimas to complete challenges. This videos have proven popular enough that there are fans outside of Eden. The fight between Teseo and Gunvolt was also streamed live on the channel.
- The Seven are all named after various missile systems, a call back to an earlier version of Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 where Japan was to be attacked by missiles from seven enemy nations.
- Zonda and The Seven are based off classic fairy tales.
- Zonda is based off Alice in Wonderland.
- Tenjian is based off Snow White and The Snow Queen.
- Teseo is based off Sleeping Beauty.
- Ghauri is based off Cinderella.
- Desna is based off Rapunzel.
- Milas is based off The Little Mermaid.
- Asroc is based off Pinocchio and Hansel and Gretel.
- Gibril is based off Little Red Riding Hood.
- Each of the Eden's members are represented with the pieces on a chessboard, and have similar traits to the piece and those who share the piece.
- Zonda is the King, who leads Eden and is protected by The Seven.
- Tenjian is the Queen, who is Zonda's right hand, has the most attacks and is the most powerful of The Seven.
- Gibril (Alchemist) and Teseo are Bishops, with their attacks focusing on projectiles and summoning mooks.
- Milas and Desna are Rooks, with their attacks being slower, but more heavy hitting.
- Ghauri and Asroc are Knights, with their attacks being lighter, but very fast paced.
- Eden Soldiers are Pawns, who simply act as front line infantry.
- In Milas's Dengeki Nintendo profile, it is revealed that there was a previous member of The Seven who was killed in a mission, whom Milas replaced after Zonda's infiltration of Japan.