"A curtain of fear descends upon the city, as cannons roar over evening's gloom. Villainous kidnappers will receive no quarter!"
"Tonight's forecast is gun smoke and bullet rain among the cityscape. In this land, there are no gospels, only the promise of death for the girl's kidnappers."
Chimera is Copen's intro mission in Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, taking place in the stage Downtown. Following a certain rotund robot breaking into the Kamizono Sanitorium, seizing Mytyl, and fleeing, her tracker leads Copen to the Seraph, Sumeragi's massive airship which has gone out of control. Flying across the rooftops with his newly deployed battle pot Lola to intercept it, he encounters someone new and old...
- This stage is meant to be a showcase of all of Copen's abilities, such as Bullit-dashing, hovering, deploying Flashfield and EX Weapons, and flailing everywhere with Shred Storm
- The second section will have a barrage of missiles periodically fly down until you reach the boss. Keep your Flashfield up and you'll be fine.
- Breaking the glass window near the end of the stage with your Bullit Dash will yield a 222 Secret Kudos Bonus.
- Might Makes Right: Clear in 7 minutes. (Reward: Kripp Alloy x3)
- Pressing On: Clear in 4 minutes. (Reward: Garnet x3)
- Mysterious Stranger: Clear with Rank B or higher. (Reward: Nanochip 98 x3)
- Existential: Clear with Rank A or higher. (Reward: Graym Culture x3)
- Individuality: Clear with Rank S or higher. (Reward: Proto Infrastructure x5)
- The Caged Bird: Defeat the Fazent without destroying its lower half. (Reward: Polymer Gm238 x5)
- Solitary Soldier: Obtain all 5 medals and clear the stage. (Reward: 10K Vig)
- N-Attack: Clear 3 times. (Reward: Graym Culture x10)
- Kripp Alloy
- Faraging Steel
- Nanochip 98
- Proto Infrastructure
- High-end NcGbx
- Graym Culture
- Polymer Gm238
- Uranium-225 Crystal